This facial scrub nourishes while scrubbing away dirt, dead skin cells and bacteria.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup cosmetic clay
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops orange essential oil
- 1 drop rose geranium essential oil
- 1 drop roman chamomile essential oil
- 1. Grind the oats, almonds and lavender flowers with a clean coffee grinder. Work in separate batches and ensure the oats and lavender flowers is grind very fine while the almond shouldn’t be ground to powder. While grinding almonds, stop every now and then to test the texture by rubbing them between your fingers.
- 2. Combine the ground oats, lavender and almonds with clay and milk powder in a glass jar.
- 3. Add the essential oils, stirring properly to combine. Store the scrub in a cool, dark place.
- 4. Usage: mix 1heaping tablespoon with warm water, lotion or oil to create a paste.
- 5. Using gentle circular motions, massage the facial scrub into your face, taking care to avoid the eyes and mouth.
- 6. Let it on for 10 -15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, pat dry and apply a toner and moisturizer.